We’re glad you stopped by!
Even if you’ve used our services before, please take a minute to browse through our site. I think you’ll find we offer far more services than we ever did before.
Training Qualifications and Philosophy
J.R.’s Training Qualifications include:
- Nearly 20 years of dog training experience. The last 10 years training pets under his previous company name “Scottsdale K9 Academy”.
- Personally trained 2000 dogs with his own leash, from Teacup Yorkies weighing less than a pound, to 250 pound Mastiffs.
- Has trained under some of the country’s best dog trainers.
- Has experience in various fields: Agility, Odor Detection, Search & Rescue, French Ring, Schutzhund, Tracking, Bird Hunting, and of course Obedience.
- Over 10,000 hours of studying pack behavior in packs numbering upwards of 40 dogs.
- Has owned & operated other dog-related businesses (Grooming, Private Drug Detection, Boarding, and Doggie Daycare).
- Has personally owned over a dozen different breeds.
J.R.’s Training Philosophy includes:
- Teaches dogs using Operant Conditioning (Marker Training- rewards with treats, toys, tug, or affection).
- Uses Body Language & Psychology for solving & preventing problems.
- Instills Pack Leader Concepts for maintaining a sound pack.
- Believes you must Create, Strengthen, Maintain, and NEVER betray your dog’s TRUST.
- Believes you must first Teach before you can hold your dog accountable for anything.
- Uses FUN in place of FEAR & INTIMIDATION.
- Uses Adaptive Training techniques to avoid plateaus in training.
- Happily uses rewards for proper motivation and encouragement.
J.R.’s Business & Personal motto:
- Know my training limitations.
- Don’t guarantee something that can’t be delivered.
- NEVER try to push gear or products on a client.
- NEVER drop hidden fees on a client.
- Keep working with the client to arrive at the realistic desired results.
- Show up on time, or contact client for delays/ reschedule.
- Maintain a positive outlook.
- Deliver more than is expected.
- Build trust in the client and their dog.
- Make training enjoyable.
- Do No Harm!
Latest Blog Updates
- azDogWorks is happy to announce a new service….AZDogWorks is happy to announce that we will be adding Pet & House Sitting services for the public. We have brought Pet Sitting Super Star, Debbie Cook, into our fold, and will be extending her expertise to home/ pet owners in the North Valley. She comes with decades of personal and professional experience caring for […]Read more
- Maricopa County Leash LawsMaricopa County Leash Law – Link HERE 8-14 Dogs not permitted at large; wearing licenses; penalties. A. No dog shall be permitted at large. Each dog shall be confined within an enclosure on the owner’s or custodian’s property, secured so that the dog is confined entirely to the owner’s or custodian’s property, or on a […]Read more
- Got a New Puppy for Christmas? Time to Get It Trained!So Santa brought you and your family a cute little puppy for Christmas. Congratulations! If this is your first dog, welcome to the club of Dog Owners! Your life will likely not be the same here-on out. Now that the festivities have passed, and the tree and lights are securely stored back in the garage, […]Read more